Exercise: Why You Should Start Today
Categories : Uncategorized
Let’s be honest – sticking to a strict exercise routine is easier said than done. Even if you exercise once in a while, it’s difficult to pick it back up once you’ve stopped making it a part of your daily routine. Some of us are busy with work, family, or school so it can be hard to make exercise a priority. Although we have all been told that exercise is important, we’ve never really been told why.
Taking Control of Your Immune Health
With the onset of COVID-19, we have all been forced to evaluate our lifestyle choices. The choices we make in terms of nutrition and physical exercise impact our immune system in more ways than we may realize. Here are some ways that exercise can help maintain your immune health:
- Raises body temperature: Exercise raises body temperature during and after physical exertion. This may help prevent bacterial growth and therefore fight infection.
- Flushes airways: There is evidence to support that physical exercise may help release bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This can help prevent flus, colds, and other illnesses.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease: Exercise is great for heart health and blood circulation. Additionally, when you exercise, your muscles naturally produce a powerful antioxidant known as extracellular superoxide dismutase. This antioxidant protects your body and helps prevent disease and tissue damage by circulating through your bloodstream.
Exercise May Reduce ARDS
Acute respiratory distress syndrome is a type of respiratory failure that is caused by a lack of oxygen to the lungs. Common causes for ARDS include:
- Inhalation of toxins, like smoke
- Infection of the lungs, like pneumonia
- A chest or head injury
- A severe blood infection
Although exercise cannot prevent any of the above, there have been studies conducted that suggest even one session of exercise can help reduce the severity of ARDS. ARDS is said to have a 45% mortality rate and affects 3-17% of people with COVID-19.
There’s Never Been a Better Time to Start Exercising – NESS – Nevo Sports and Spine Helps You Do It Safely and Effectively!
If you have been thinking about starting an exercise regime, there has never been a better time to do it. If knee, hip, or back pain is keeping you from being able to exercise, NESS – Nevo Sports and Spine can help get you back on your feet. Contact us today.